Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So Here We Are

So here we are......Barack Obama will be our next president. All the blogs, conversations, hype, commercials, worries, fearful comments, opinions, and predictions are over. I now have two elections in the loss column of lifetime voting, just to let you know how I voted.

So what now? Do we support him? Whole hearted? Cynically? What have we learned? Is God upset about all this? Is He surprised? Did we fail? Is Obama the Anti-Christ? Or just a pre-cursor? The world sure was happy last night, huh?
All those conservative issues we've been discussing....what now? Do we wait for the next election to try and do anything? Will we just end up settling down back into the normal routine of life........Starbucks, art walks, eating, hanging out, blogging, the Office? How do we keep some of these topics in the forefront? If this election was so important(and it was) what is the impact now, or what should the impact on my life be? I mean if nothing changes in my life say a year from now after Obama has been President, then how big was this? Well sorry......I'm prone to rambling, rhetoricals, and philosophying. Oh well......I'm looking forward to Christmas.

Just for fun.....here's a little list of some personal things following this election:

1) I still like Tom Brokaw
2) CNN was not as liberal as I thought they'd be
3) I like Palin....but the 15 minutes are expired. Sorry.
4) I'd like to go hunting with the Palins. Or maybe I'd just settle with the Tucker boys.
5) It did make me feel kinda warm to listen to his acceptance speech.
6) I'm glad race is'nt an issue.
7) I think I will pay more in taxes, eventually.
8) I think McCain was very sincere in his concession speech. He is a hero.
9) I still dont like Oprah.
10) I will miss reading the heated political blogs.
11) I think that one year from now I will still be: waking up at 6am to get kids ready for school, doing McCalister's on Tues nites, eating at McDonalds' with Emma every Friday morning, selling insurance, making a run for the 140th, driving kids to Drury for swimming, playing poker, throwing tennis balls for Duke.
12) It's cool that we can transfer leadership without murders like in half the world.
13) Obama's family is cute.
14) Biden's hair is still weird.
15) Missouri is getting more conservative.
16) Jay Nixon probably wont be that bad.
17) Hulshof will be back.....somewhere.
18) I did miss Tim Russert
19) I envy George W., ......go back to the ranch and no one bothers you. Plus SS for the rest of your life.
20) Red is still my favorite color.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't go wishing away thanksgiving with that christmas talk. AND, what about hunting not just with the tucker boys, but coacher too!!

this was my 1st election loss. oh well.

Dannah said...

Good blog. They say Laura has been house hunting in the Dallas area. Maybe she will have me over for tea.

Hillenblog said...

Nice blog...i pretty much agree...So is that your public announcement?

140th...Here we come!

Anonymous said...

Move to Greene pls Hillen

Hillenblog said...

Greene County...? I can't remember where all my houses are...but surely one of them is in Greene County?

Who is this spineless anon commenter :-)

Anonymous said...

spelled wierd wrong dad :)

and yes i just now noticed that bidens hair is wierd.


lauren ;)

Anonymous said...

The anon was me....sorry, forgot to tag it.

Lauren - weird is one of the few words where "i" before "c" doesnt apply. Love ya....

HS

Teri said...

Is that I before C except after E???

Anonymous said...

wierd is definatly spelled

"W-I-E-R-D"

im completely sure of it..



lauren