Monday, September 22, 2008

Baby, It's Over

Honey, I guess it's been a long time coming. You've known it.....I've known it. But it's time to just simply say good bye and move on. We had some good times.....good memories that no one can ever take from us. Like the time I lost the feeling in my feet from the cold that one game in December '01. And watching Montana sitting dazed on the bench in Buffalo in the '93 title game.
Lately it just seems all me trying to make it work. I've endured the ridicule, the comments. But I've tried to stay true. But gee honey; up the middle, up the middle, pass in the flat, and punt just wont work anymore. I've got to grow myself, it's time I think of me for the first time.
So be strong. I'll be around on the holidays and I'll check in from time to time. It's just the best thing for us.
Who's the other team you ask? Well, I didnt mean for it to happen, honestly. But she came back around......I knew her well when I was just a kid, back in the '70s. We had a lot of good times and great memories. And personality!.....oh man, she just connects with me on all levels. Tough, scrappy, witty, tenacious....it's the whole package. From ownership, to the players, even the cheerleaders.
So goodbye KC.................HELLO BIG "D"!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's for the best

SammyB said...

Man....thats like me droppin MIZZOU and swappin over to UT. No way here! born in missouri, raised in Missouri, live in Missouri, and I am sure that I will die in Missouri. M-I-Z Baby!

Meredith said...

Dallas? Really? Who are you? and what are you thinking? You're not from Texas. And even if you where, Dallas? Really?

Anonymous said...

wow. i don't know how i feel about this. i am no chiefs fan, nor cowboys fan. i don't have an NFL team. the only team i 'have' in any sport is the stl cardinals. i will die a redbird fan. no matter how bad it gets. helter, i hope you know that this is a big move on your part. i will keep my eyes this situation. the blog has been documented.

Anonymous said...

College is different than pros cuz of turnover. I like Mizzou and i totally respect the loyalty Sam. I just have a history within family for being an OU fan.

Here's the deal with pros......if you dont try, if you dont do the things to try and make a winner, then dont expect total loyalty from your fan base. When a team just becomes a source of revenue for the owners without really caring about doing what it takes to become a winner, then fans should have the right to leave.

It's been a one way street for too long. After 25 yrs I have to move on! (that's long time for those thinking I'm just a sunny day fan)

HS

Anonymous said...

i agree with mers. what are you thinking.

lauren

Anonymous said...

it's funny, the blind-hate people have for the cowboys.... i've never been able to figure it out.